CONSTRUCTION & REAL ESTATE
No industry is more susceptible to rapid shifts in economic cycles than real estate and construction.
With more than 80 years of experience in the industry, the Moore member firms have been through many of those cycles standing by their clients and have acquired unique qualifications and experience to help their clients through good and bad times.
Our professionals work with many business organizations at home and abroad helping them achieve success and maintain a competitive edge in times of downturn. Regardless of whether you are a contractor, developer, owner, broker or investor, you may want to take advantage of the full range of our audit, tax, accounting and consulting services and get quality results for your business.
Our team of the real estate and construction professionals assists businesses, no matter big or small, in finding effective solutions to the challenges they might face, including services ranging from audits to optimization of business processes.
Audit of construction companies
Regardless of whether your construction company uses a completed contract or a percentage-of-completion method of accounting, we have the experience to offer you services to provide a statement of assurances to your creditors and debtors they would want to expect. Our experienced auditors stay in contact with clients throughout the year, meeting regularly, to discuss best practices for improving financial reporting and management.
We can help you find ways to minimize the burden of taxes while maintaining compliance with tax regulations and avoiding unnecessary penalties. Our work, however, means more than just compliance. As your business grows, we can help you adjust your taxes and estate plans accordingly.
Correct data are essential for making the right decisions. For a contractor, nothing makes it worse than inaccurate or incomplete job cost calculations that undermine the ability to make a good profit. We help construction contractors select and implement the right accounting and analytics systems that will provide timely and accurate data, increase efficiency and reduce overheads.
For many contractors, maintaining an in-house accounting or finance department is not feasible. We offer various levels of outsourcing accounting services, from monthly accounting and billing services to CFO-level decision support. We can expand your resources by giving you the level of support, based on need, allowing you to focus on operating your business.
Our construction and real estate group provides services to various clients in all areas, including:
- Real estate agents
- Management companies
- General contractors
- Commercial construction
- Residential construction
- Road and heavy road construction
- Subcontractor / specialty bids
- Industrial suppliers of materials / services
- Construction materials
Our full range of services includes:
- Audits, reviews and compilations for reporting to creditors, investors and partners
- Internal control assessments to determine segregation of duties, process management and availability
- Evaluations to optimize financial operations
- Financial forecasting
- Cash flow management
- Cost management strategies
- Budgeting and forecasting
- Tax savings planning to identify opportunities for refunds and reductions and use of tax credits
- Cost segregation studies to accelerate depreciation and income tax deferral
- Site selection analysis
- Estate planning and wealth preservation
- Evaluation of process improvements
- Job cost modeling
- Real estate project review and forecasting
- Inventory management
- Claims and lien management advice
- Assistance with loans and bank financing
- Assisting foreign companies in setting up and structuring operations in Russia
We believe that business is personal.
We take the time to understand your motivation and goals - for your construction contractor business.
Then we build up the strategies that help you achieve what you want.